How to Use the LIFE Bible Studies
To get the most benefit from this journey, I recommend the following:
- Begin in prayer always. As you embark on this journey, we encourage you to spend time in prayer, asking God to prepare your hearts so that you might be receptive of His divine revelation. Pray this prayer as we examine God’s Word together.
Dear Heavenly Father, I ask that Your Holy Spirit guide me in all truth as I begin to study Your Word. Cause the obscure and confusing things to become clear. Give me deeper levels of insight and application in my daily living. Let this insight and understanding of Your Word multiply my hunger, thirst and delight for Your Spirit and Your Word in the deepest places of my soul. Bless me with the courage and strength that I need to heed Your Word and to follow it faithfully. In the most holy and precious name of Jesus, I pray, AMEN.
- Delve into God’s Story first, before engaging in the LIFE Lessons. The Be Equipped Activities are designed to give you an opportunity to explore and make meaning of God’s Word for yourself. Allow God’s Word to speak to you without the bias of my thoughts or the thoughts and opinions of others. This section is designed to get you in the Word. They are designed to support a greater understanding of God’s Word and to provide space for you to receive revelations and insights regarding God’s Word as led by the Holy Spirit. Each series introduction suggests a specific activity to engage in that is related to the series.
- Engage with The LIFE Lessons. Read the lessons learned and lessons lived provided in each lesson. Numerous Bible texts are provided to support the lesson. I encourage you, I employ you, I beg you to look up each and every text for yourself. Take your time to digest the lessons and make meaning of scripture for yourself. Then contemplate the reflection questions and let the selected songs for each study fill you as you commit to living the principle(s) being addressed. These studies are designed for you to engage individually or with a small group. If you would like to begin a group you can find more information here.
- Share your experience, your questions, your thoughts, etc. The Be Empowered Activities are designed to give you an opportunity to practice crafting and sharing your story. I know, I know, this might be scary for some, but in this section, I provide various activities and reflective exercises to support the writing, re-writing and/or sharing of Your Story. This section provides you the opportunity and platform to practice and practice will only make for better practice as we’re all a work in progress. Each series introduction suggests a specific activity to engage in that is related to the series. Then share with me and other women committed to this journey via the comment section or on other social media venues such as Instagram and Facebook.
- End in prayer always. Pray without ceasing (I Thessalonians 5:17). Ask God to guide your journey as you commit to a life surrendered to Him.